OhhHappyDay

Saturday, February 27, 2010

February 25, 2010

Friday was another "snow day". Or I guess it was an "icy bits suddenly blasting sideways day". The wind was unbelievable; gusts of 50 mph. As the dogs leapt over a snow bank, I wiped out and landed head first, flat on my back, splayed out in a huge pile of fluffy snow. It must have looked hilarious to anyone who saw. The snow whooshed up from the impact and then landed back all over my face and glasses. I blew out of my mouth to clear a breathing path like a dolphin, except snow shot up instead of water. Then I carefully got up and tried to clear my glasses. The problem was that the temperature difference on the surface of my glasses had caused the fluffy snow to instantly melt and refreeze as crusty ice obstructing my vision. That was in the first five minutes of an hour-long walk. I am ready for spring.