OhhHappyDay

Monday, April 30, 2007

Hi yall!

Julie came to visit and we got to do this superfun thing - we were "secret shoppers" at a wellness spa called The Crossings! That means we stayed overnight, ate, got massages, used the pool and stuff and then it was all free in exchange for filling out a 4 page questionnaire. Market research. The place was absolutely beautiful. I should have taken more pictures but my photo card got full with the video of my trapeze lesson. I got to fly on a trapeze!! It was SO freakin fun and Peter, the instructor, is a master teacher, a real pleasure to learn from. I highly recommend it to anyone.

As with all the pictures here, if you doubleclick on them it brings up a much bigger version.

Cheers,
Charlotte



Here's the rig! Oh my gosh, I'm really going to do this!















Practicing on the ground. Peter is a professional and a fantastic teacher. His wife is also there and is a contortionist in the circus. They and the rest of the instructors were wonderfully encouraging and positive.



















OH my gosh, this is WAY higher up than it looks.















Here I go! Julie got two videos of me flipping and catching but I haven't figured out how to upload them to this blog yet.









And this is how you get down out of the net.



















Julie and I at the sanctuary off in the woods.














The "infinity horizon" pool overlooking the lake.












My room with a balcony overlooking the hill country. Everything was gorgeous and the food was great.